Key definitions for variable text: Conditional processing

Kristen James Eberlein

Hi, dita-users community.

I have another question about variable text defined by keys. (Variable text is is text that you want to appear differently based on the context.)

For implementations that use keys to define variable text:

  1. How do you handle conditional processing of the key definitions?
  2. What markup are you currently using for this?

Again, for DITA 2.0, the DITA TC is introducing simplified markup and processing for variable content referenced using keys. I am soliciting background information that will help us ensure that we are covering relevant use cases in the best way.

OASIS Distinguished Contributor