Re: table entry attributes

ekimber@contrext.com

Would need to see the whole table, including the colspecs.

The most likely answer is that the table is not coded correctly--Oxygen should validate the table structure and report any issues like bad span specs or incorrect column numbers or something.

Is the colname in the table as authored?

Cheers,

E.
--
Eliot Kimber
http://contrext.com

On 10/22/20, 5:37 PM, "scott ashmead via groups.io" <main@dita-users.groups.io on behalf of scott_ashmead=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Thanks Eliot.
The specific problem I'm having is related to the colname attribute in the row below.
There are six <entry> elements in the row. <entry> number five does not have a colname attribute and I don't know why. There's colname='4', then an empty element. Then colname="5". It's as though the empty <entry> is being ignored. Any idea how/why an <entry> would not have a colname attribute?

<row base="VISION_RCF" class="- topic/row " rowsep="0" valign="bottom"
xtrf="file:/opt/app/instances/4356386/resxml/workspaces/1ca4cda4a03a4c4d4a92fc1340d6c2636f2f0b91/data/2698167e-29bf-44f8-88e4-4c0fe2dd1c2e/input/prime_Renewal_Change_Form_SO.dita"
xtrc="row:7;191:93">
<entry align="left" colname="col1">
<p>Vision</p>
</entry>
<entry align="center" colname="col2">
<p>☐</p>
</entry>
<entry align="center" colname="col3">
<p>☐</p>
</entry>
<entry align="center" colname="col4">
<p>☐</p>
</entry>
<entry/>
<entry align="left" colname="col5">
<p>____________________</p>
</entry>
</row>

On Thursday, October 22, 2020, 05:55:38 PM EDT, ekimber@contrext.com <ekimber@contrext.com> wrote:

The xtrf, xtrc, dita-ot:x and dita-ot:y attributes are added during preprocessing.

Of these, dita-ot:x and dita-ot:y are specific to table entries (they represent the final x/y position of the cell in the table as rendered, taking into account any row or column spanning).

Cheers,

E.

--
Eliot Kimber
http://contrext.com

On 10/22/20, 4:11 PM, "scott ashmead via groups.io" <main@dita-users.groups.io on behalf of scott_ashmead=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi All?

When I use DITA-OT I see the following attributes on my <entry> element in the XML output. Does anyone understand how or why they end up there? I don't see them on the input XML.

Thank you very much!
Scott

<entry align="center"
class="- topic/entry "
xtrf="Renewal_Change_Form_SO.dita"
xtrc="entry:8;128:47"
colname="col2"
dita-ot:x="2"
dita-ot:y="2">

Join main@dita-users.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.