Re: a reltable question, I think … #reltable

Niels Grundtvig Nielsen

Thanks, Chris and Yves – we have a couple of hundred topics in this help set so far, and this is the first time we’ve needed to tackle this particular challenge.

Pending a more thorough investigation of the possibilities you mention, I’ve opted for a hand-rolled <related links> section in the top-level topic, but used a reltable for the links between the low-level topics.

From: main@dita-users.groups.io [mailto:main@dita-users.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris Papademetrious
Sent: woensdag 7 oktober 2020 16:40
To: main@dita-users.groups.io
Subject: Re: [dita-users] a reltable question, I think … #reltable

Caution! External email. Do not open attachments or click links, unless this email comes from a known sender and you know the content is safe.

Hi Niels,

For the first, we developed a <mini-toc> element that allows us to put inline unordered lists of child topics wherever we want, optionally with introductory content. See:

For example,

<mini-toc><p>This is described in the following topics:</p></mini-toc>

becomes

This is described in the following topics:

  • Subtopic 1
  • Subtopic 2
  • Subtopic 3

Plus in Oxygen's PDF Chemistry, we apply the CSS keep-with-previous pagination property to keep the topic list with its introduction.

It's not exactly what you want (i.e. not in a related links section) but it's tangentially related so I figured I'd throw it out there.

Worldline is a registered trade mark and trading name owned by Worldline through its holding company.

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If you receive this e-mail in error, you are not authorized to copy, disclose, use or retain it. Please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your systems. As emails may be intercepted, amended or lost, they are not secure. Worldline therefore can accept no liability for any errors or their content. Although Worldline endeavours to maintain a virus-free network, we do not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and can accept no liability for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted. The risks are deemed to be accepted by everyone who communicates with Worldline by email.