Re: Job Search: Need advice on finding DITA jobs. #jobhunting

nkerzreho

Hi Dan,

I find that joining a community or society for writers helps (I'm aware of STC for USA, Tekom in Europe, ISTC in UK...). They usually have job boards.

If you can, you may want to participate in an event as an attendee or a presenter.
Presenting at industry events means you have a free ticket and is a great way to present your skills.

Good events will also provide you with a large number of topics that are related to technical communication, opportunities to discuss with others, including potential employers, and join a job discussion too.

The next online event that I'm participating in is called ConVEx, and is hosted by CIDM.
https://convex.infomanagementcenter.com/chat-presentations/

Hope some of these tips will help and good luck for your job hunt,
Nolwenn