Re: Job Search: Need advice on finding DITA jobs. #jobhunting

Westley W.

On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 10:47 AM, Wayne Brissette wrote:
What might be helpful is knowing more about what converting content is. I guess I'm thinking more about what specific skills they have. XSL:FO? Java? that sort of thing. There are a lot of folks here on this list and often times I find it useful to know what skills people have in case we need people.

Great point.  I suppose the better description of them would be that they are the authors/technical writers, though the actual content is created in Word by an upstream team of SMEs. We have a pretty fixed process where they take the unstructured content (Word), put it into out content model, associate the files together via DITA maps, then run a preset transform.  They work primarily in Oxygen XML Author and Alfresco.    So they understand the DITA documentation stages but they wouldn't possess the skills to create or maintain a transform.

I hope that helps better to describe their skills.