Re: Reltable-Struggles #reltable
I investigated a little bit the problem and proposed a possible fix here:
Maybe you can try the fix on your side and add a comment on the
issue when you have the time. I made the fix against DITA OT
We have Oxygen users publishing DITA using branch filtering and
key scopes, but without relationship tables.
About what you said, the two main developers and the documentation lead invest their time mostly as a hobby. They already do more than they should and indeed we, the community who builds commercial tools and offers services around the DITA Open Toolkit, need to help further.
As a developer working for a commercial tool I try to help in the following ways:
- Add issues to the DITA OT issues list when they are reported, along with relevant sample projects to reproduce the problems.
- Discuss with the DITA OT developers on the issues various
aspects of the problem.
- Try to find the time to propose fixes on those issues or to come up with workarounds.
- Open pull requests to propose changes to the DITA OT code.
- Help others with questions related to the publishing engine's functionality.
- Participate in the monthly DITA OT meetups:
There is a small article about contributing to the DITA Open Toolkit:
If your company has an experienced Java developer or is willing
to pay an experienced Java developer to work on the DITA OT
project and focus on fixing specific issues, they will be helped
with advice by the community and maybe they can donate their work
back to the DITA OT by opening pull requests on the DITA OT
project. Or if somebody else from the community is willing is
willing to do some paid work on the DITA OT code maybe they can
contact you directly and discuss about this.
Radu Coravu Oxygen XML Editor
On 8/17/20 4:45 PM, schmidt.eduard@... wrote: