Re: Roadmap of dost.jar #DITA-OT #history

Mark Giffin

Hi cant0r,

Wow! This is a problem for ancient history. You might have to rely on the memories of OT developers. Try asking in this group:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/dita-ot-users

Mark Giffin
Mark Giffin Consulting, Inc.
http://markgiffin.com/

On 8/10/2020 9:20 AM, cant0r via groups.io wrote:

Hi all,

I'm currently in the middle of upgrading my DITA-OT installation from 1.5.2(yeah I know) to 3.5.2. The current version(1.5.2) uses custom Ant scripts and custom start scripts to perform its validating and publishing/formatting tasks. Most of these scripts define a bunch of taskdef with the classpath tag pointing to classes inside the dost.jar archive.
The problem I face is that the paths defined inside the classpath tags became obsolete over the years, some classes were moved or removed, and I was not able to find any changelogs regarding these changes so that I could solve these upcoming issues based on them.
I've managed to solve some issues just by correcting the paths but I cannot figure out what to do with these classes as in I don't know what happened to them and what to use instead of them:

  • org.dita.dost.resolver.URIResolverConfigTask
  • org.dita.dost.util.AntVersion
  • org.dita.dost.log.LogConfigTask
  • org.dita.dost.platform.XmlPropertyTask

I also checked whether someone had this problem in the past by searching through the messages here in the dita-users group but it didn't yield any result.
Also, I had found the release notes of older dita-ots on the old sourceforge page but I had the same success with them as well.

Could you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks, cant0r