Re: xref to a folder: validation fails

Radu Coravu

Hi Yves,

You should definitely set a @format attribute on the xref, otherwise it's interpreted as a reference to a DITA resource.

The @format attribute can take any value, Oxygen just proposes some of the most used ones.

But I'm not sure what you want to obtain or what you'll obtain in the published output, when you click on that link in the generated HTML or PDF what will you expect to happen? Will you expect a file explorer to open up? This will probably not happen.

On 8/10/20 11:16 AM, Yves Barbion wrote:

Hi group

When I validate my topic, I get this validation error:

Reference points to a folder instead of a file: "C:\Program Files\Oxygen XML Editor 21\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT3.x\plugins".

and this warning:

Reference with external scope to non-DITA resource does not have the "format" attribute set correctly on it.

Indeed, the reference does point to a folder, but I don't have "folder" as an option the in the @format attribute values.

Any ideas how I can avoid this validation error?

Kind regards

Yves