Re: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException from command line but not oXygen

Using the command line argument "--debug" may give additional information about the unhandled error (the error stack trace for example):

https://www.dita-ot.org/dev/topics/enabling-debug-mode.html#ariaid-title1

Dan, if you can share with us the entire (or at least the last part of the) DITA OT console output after running with the "--debug" parameter maybe we will have more details to help further.

On 7/25/20 4:42 AM, Kristen James Eberlein wrote:

So, is it that your plug-ins work with the version of DITA-OT shipped with Oxygen 22.0, but do NOT work with versions of the DITA-OT downloaded?

When I develop DITA-OT plug-ins, I use the following process:

  1. Install a brand-new instance of the specific version of the DITA-OT.
  2. Install any company-specific plug-ins, for example, plugins that contain DTDs or HTML overrides.
  3. Create an Oxygen project that uses the version of the DITA-OT as set up for the specific client.
  4. Do one of the following:
    1. Create an Oxygen transformation scenario.
    2. Write an Ant script to run the transformation scenario. Since you have teams that do not use oXygen, I'd think this is what you'd want to do.

The key thing is that you do your development work with the SAME environment (DITA-OT installation) that will be used in production. Also, make sure you and other team are using identical DITA-OT parameters.

I have not seem a java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException error; hopefully a more savvy person on the list can chime in.

OASIS Distinguished Contributor

On 7/24/2020 8:52 PM, Dan Vint wrote:
Where I'm having the problem is with the downloaded OT.