Bookmap or Pubmap for technical eBooks? #Oxygen #bookmap

John Wills

Should I plan to use BookMap or PubMap for new projects to publish technical eBooks? I'm new to DITA and it seems BookMap is actively maintained as part of the spec whereas although DITA for Publishing identified concerns with BookMap for publishing books years ago, it does not look like it is actively maintained.
Is DITA for Publishing (and PubMap) currently deprecated or is it still a good choice and easy to use with Oxygen XML? Thanks for any insight you can provide.