Error "java.lang.NoSuchMethodError" #DITA-OT #specialization #conditional-processing #branch-filtering

@l3arn4life

Hi everyone,

we’re trying to upgrade our dita-ot from 2.5.4 to the newest version. I copied our custom plugins to the new dita-ot directory and integrated them using the dita install-command. Now, even when trying to build output using the command line, I get the following error: Error: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 'net.sf.saxon.s9api.Processor org.dita.dost.util.XMLUtils.getProcessor()'

I ran the build-command using --debug and --logfile, the last part of the log says

build-init:

preprocess.init:
[pathconvert] Set property dita.map.filename.root = startHere
     [echo] *****************************************************************
     [echo] * input = C:\Users\ESC\Desktop\test_html\startHere\startHere.ditamap
Property "args.resources" has not been set
     [echo] * resources = ${args.resources}
     [echo] *****************************************************************

ditaval-merge:

gen-list:
Job not found from Ant project reference
 [gen-list] Using Xerces grammar pool for DTD and schema caching.
  [antcall] Exiting C:\Perforce\DocMain\2_DITA\ditaOT_3.5.2\build.xml.
Error: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 'net.sf.saxon.s9api.Processor org.dita.dost.util.XMLUtils.getProcessor()'

The project I used to test this is based on a sample project modified by Radu, it can be found here. I only added keyspaces and changed the title of the topic to include a keyspace-specific key.
Some of the things I tried so far:
- updated environment variables for dita
- updated openJDK (and respective environment variables)
- installed the newest Saxon add-on (via Oxygen)
- searched our custom framework to find parts that would point to a different version of dita-ot, replaced them with ${configured.ditaot.dir} (this is in Oxygen)
None of the measures helped. Regardless of whether I tried to build output via the command line or from Oxygen, I always get an error. I’m completely out of my depth with this problem, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Ed