[ann][virtual] Why #content practitioners should care about #research and journals | 8 July 2020 @ 15:00 UTC

Liz Fraley

Wednesday, 8 July 2020  @ 15:45 UTC
( 8:45am Los Angeles | 11:45am New York | 3:45pm London | 8:15pm Bangalore )

Register: https://bit.ly/room42-01

Why should practitioners care about research and journals?

Ah, that’s the question, isn’t it? We're looking forward to exploring it with you in Room 42.

Room 42 takes the best of webinars, podcasting, and online teaching for a virtual experience that is more interactive and more inclusive. It's designed to bring practitioners together with academics to share knowledge about new and ongoing communication research in an approachable, accessible way so practitioners can make micro-improvements to their content.

In our debut session, George Hayhoe, Professor emeritus of Mercer University School of Engineering, Editor-in-Chief, IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication, STC Fellow, and IEEE Life Fellow, will be in the room.

George says that there are three things—professional practice, teaching, and journal editorship—that, when considered together, have significantly informed his approach to the role of the technical communicator.

He will explore the reasons why practitioners should care about research and journals and tell you how the collaboration between both sides serves our entire profession.

Register: https://bit.ly/room42-01

-:-

Room 42 sessions are recorded before a live studio audience. You can ask questions in advance (when you register) or during the discussion.