Re: XSL-FO two-page layout

Mica Semrick

It doesn't look like Antenna House supports imposition (correct me if I'm wrong!), so I'd consider another tool to do the imposition.

In prepress, imposition is usually done by the RIP or DFE, but those applications demand printing and are quite expensive.

Here is a good article about post processing post script (which antenna house can output) using pstops: https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/How_to_make_impositions_with_pstops

Here is a script to do 2-up imposition with Ghostscript: https://stackoverflow.com/a/30546987

If you're looking for something radically different, a PDF producer called ConTeXt supports imposition and could (maybe?) replace Antenna House et al. It to s a different beast, not XML nor XSL FO, but it is quite flexible. https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Imposition

-m

On June 29, 2020 11:16:01 AM PDT, "Nicholas Mucks via groups.io" <urbanrobots@...> wrote:
Hi Mica,
That's it: page imposition.
We're using Antenna House.

How might you approach this instead?

On Monday, June 29, 2020, 10:17:10 AM PDT, Mica Semrick <mica@...> wrote:

Hey Nick,

Which PDF formatter are you using?

I think your approach might be off, as this generally isn't page level formatting. The feature is called "page imposition."

-m

On June 29, 2020 9:15:22 AM PDT, "Nicholas Mucks via groups.io" <urbanrobots@...> wrote:
Hello,
We're trying to create a two-page layout where each printed page has two pages on it.  Although creating a two-column layout is simple enough, we're having difficult with the static content since it still shows one footer that spans the bottom of the page across the two columns.

Has anyone created a PDF that displays two pages side by side in landscape orientation?

Thanks for your time.
- Nick