Re: Official docker image missing tools.jar?

Radu Coravu

Hi Nick,

This is a warning:

Unable to locate tools.jar. Expected to find it in /opt/java/openjdk/lib/tools.jar
which the ANT processor gives when a Java Virtual Machine without an SDK (used to compile Java code) is used to run it. As your publishing does not need a Java compiler, you can safely ignore it.

The error is this one:

Unable to locate tools.jar. Expected to find it in /opt/java/openjdk/lib/tools.jar
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: -c
The command line seems to pass an argument named "-c" to the "bin\dita" executable and the executable complains that it does not know what it is and exits.

On 6/12/20 3:40 AM, Nicholas Mucks via groups.io wrote:
hello~

We're migrating to the official DITA-OT 3.5 docker image but it looks like it's missing tools.jar:

Unable to locate tools.jar. Expected to find it in /opt/java/openjdk/lib/tools.jar
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: -c
	at org.dita.dost.invoker.ConversionArguments.parse(ConversionArguments.java:159)
	at org.dita.dost.invoker.ArgumentParser.processArgs(ArgumentParser.java:123)
	at org.dita.dost.invoker.Main.processArgs(Main.java:267)
	at org.dita.dost.invoker.Main.startAnt(Main.java:160)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:284)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:101)
ERROR: Job failed: exit code 1

This happens whenever we try to publish output using exec mode. It works OK if we use the the shell mode, which is what is described in the documentation, but that won't fit into the existing process as well.

Has anyone encountered this and maybe found a workaround?  It's this image: docker.pkg.github.com/dita-ot/dita-ot/dita-ot:3.5

Thanks!
Nick