Re: DTD syntax checking

Bill Burns

Hi, Larry.

I seem to recall seeing this happen if I'm not using a project ion Oxygen and on initial creation of topics with a custom DTD. The error would go away once the topic is saved.

--
Bill Burns
512-646-2100 ext. 365

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 10:07 PM Radu Coravu <radu_coravu@...> wrote:

Hi Larry,

If you can provide us (support@...) with a sample XML document, DTD specialization plugin and steps to reproduce the problem I can try to look more into this.

Because right now I do not know how the DTD is mapped through the XML catalog, I do not know how the XML document refers to the DTD and what precise error you get when you attempt to validate the newly created XML document before saving it.

On 6/11/20 12:10 AM, Larry Kollar wrote:
We've recently been alerted to an issue in our (mostly constrained) DTDs. If I set the catalog in Oxygen 20.1 to use the directory where I'm storing a working set, it will trip errors when I attempt to create certain topics (path scrubbed):

Could not resolve PublicID: [null] SystemID: [file:/.../com.dtd.test/dtd/technicalContent/dtd/ourReference.dtd]

I've been all through the catalogs and ent/mod files. I corrected a couple of issues, and that reduced but didn't eliminate the errors. Is there anything in Oxygen that can provide a more specific pointer to the problem? The "ourReference.dtd" is defined in the catalog, for example, so I don't know why it can't resolve the public ID.

Interestingly enough, the error occurs when creating a topic from templates we stored in Oxygen. BUT, if I save the created topic file and re-open it, no errors.