Re: WebHelp test server for DITA project #Oxygen #HTML5

Radu Coravu

Hi Matt,

One solution is to have an internal server with an Apache HTTP Server or ‪Firefly‬ installed on it to serve your static HTML pages.

Another solution is to use a hosted solution like Netlify. You create an account in Netlify using your gmail address for example and if you have on the local disk the folder containing the WebHelp HTML output you can drag and drop it in the web page:

https://app.netlify.com/drop

Netlify can also be used to automate the publishing of DITA content to outputs like WebHelp or PDF and it can connect to a GitHub repository with DITA content, detect changes in it and launch a publishing script to automatically update the published outputs, like I did for the Oxygen XML Blog:

https://oxygenxmlblog.netlify.com/topics/welcome.html

On 3/24/20 10:24 PM, Matt Lorenzi via Groups.Io wrote:

I am looking for some technical information for a Webhelp test environment. I am looking to showcase Webhelp produced with OxygenXML Author to internal stakeholders.
What kind of server setup would be best for a testing environment; also would I need a publishing client to publish to the host?

I realize this is not really DITA specific, but since I am writing in a DITA environment using OxygenXML, this would be a good place to ask. Also I need to give my IT people some technical sounding information to help move this along.