Re: OT processing for troubleshooting topic #DITA-OT #troubleshooting

Larry Kollar

We implemented troubleshooting topics ourselves at work. A couple of differences from Bob's examples:

  • Titles are inserted automatically, removing one potential point of inconsistency. Adding a <title> element overrides the automatic one.
  • We support @outputclass="message" on the troubleshooting topic itself. It occurred to me that a log/alarm message has a condition (the log itself), cause, and remedy. So we use the condition section to describe the message format, and the plugin changes the "Condition" title to "Format" (unless, again, the writer inserts a title).
  • Our core team constrained out <responsibleParty>. No complaints so far.
The core team also developed several templates, to cover anticipated scenarios with multiple solutions.