Re: Class error compiling index for javahelp in DITA-OT 3.4 #DITA-OT #JavaHelp

Radu Coravu

Hi Jeff,

Looking back I could not find that separate library either, that class was probably part of the main dost.jar but then was removed when the plugin was individually extracted as a separate project.

And I probably created a separate library for it in the "org.dita.javahelp" plugin which is installed in the DITA OT 3.x bundled with Oxygen XML Editor.

Anyway, I'm attaching a zip containing the plugin as it comes inside the DITA OT 3.x bundled with Oxygen XML Editor.

On 3/17/20 12:12 AM, Jeff Hooker wrote:
It looks like there is no version of the OT which needs the jar file has also ever shipped with it (I've just finished downloading and unpacking a whole bunch of OTs); I'm guessing that these are my wages for deploying hopelessly old help formats. Nevertheless, I need to make this work; do you know where the repo for the jar file lives? Haven't had any luck finding that either.

Cheers,
Jeff.

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 12:23 PM Jeff Hooker via Groups.Io <jeff=jeffhooker.com@groups.io> wrote:
Yes, I did run the command to install it; by "unmodified" I was referring to a complete lack of modification done outside of the normal functions of the OT; in hindsight, I could have been clearer.

Looking for a version with the javahelp.jar file now, thanks!

On Sat, Mar 14, 2020 at 11:06 PM Radu Coravu <radu_coravu@...> wrote:

Hi Jeff,

Unmodified versions of the DITA OT 3.4 are no longer shipped with the javahelp plugin.

Did you run this command to install it?

dita -install https://github.com/dita-ot/org.dita.javahelp/archive/2.5.zip
it seems that the JavaHelp plugin installed this way no longer has that JAR library I mentioned in my previous email.

Actually it seems I had previously added an issue for that:

https://github.com/dita-ot/org.dita.javahelp/issues/2

You probably need to find an older DITA OT distribution (one which had the JavaHelp plugin included along with that library and get the JavaHelp plugin directly from that).

On 3/14/20 11:25 PM, Jeff Hooker wrote:
Hi Radu,

I am indeed running it from the dita command (.bat rather than .sh, since I'm on a Windows box) against an unmodified version of 3.4.

Regards,
Jeff.

On Sat, Mar 14, 2020 at 8:04 AM Radu Coravu <radu_coravu@...> wrote:

Hi Jeff,

How exactly are you running the DITA OT?

If you are not running it using the DITA command:

https://www.dita-ot.org/dev/topics/build-using-dita-command.html

then you will probably need to add in the classpath of the Java process which starts ANT a reference to the JAR library "DITA-OT/plugins/org.dita.javahelp/lib/javahelp.jar".

On 3/13/20 11:00 PM, Jeff Hooker wrote:
Hi folks,

When I try to publish a sample project to Javahelp using 3.4 OT, I get this error message:

Error: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Git\dita-ot-3.4\dita-ot-3.4\plugins\org.dita.javahelp\build_dita2javahelp.xml:181: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Index writer class not defined

The error comes back to the:

  <target name="dita.map.javahelp.index"
            description="Build JavaHelp Index file">
        <local name="javahelp.index.output.dir"/>
        <condition property="javahelp.index.output.dir" value="${dita.output.dir}" else="${_dita.map.output.dir}">
          <isset property="inner.transform"/>
        </condition>
        <pipeline message="Extract index term."
                  tempdir="${dita.temp.dir}"
                  inputmap="${user.input.file}">
          <module class="org.dita.dost.module.IndexTermExtractModule">
            <param name="output" location="${javahelp.index.output.dir}/${dita.map.filename.root}.xml"/>
            <param name="targetext" value=".html"/>
            <param name="indextype" value="javahelp"/>
            <param name="encoding" value="${args.dita.locale}" if="args.dita.locale"/>
          </module>
        </pipeline>
    </target>

part of the build_dita2javahelp.xml file. If I delete everything between the target tags, then the javahelp builds, but obviously without an Index.

The eclipsehelp plugin uses the same module and it compiles and delivers an index, so the class is clearly present in the OT, but either it is not declared correctly in the javahelp plugin or some other detail is amiss.

Anyone else seen this?

Thanks
Jeff.