Re: Closing void elements in HTML5 (writing HTML5 serialized as XML) #HTML5

Chris Papademetrious

Hi all,

I have a similar requirement - to write XML-serialized HTML5 for consumption by a downstream processing tool.

I found the current HTML-serialization settings in the following org.dita.html5 files:

$ fgrep 'xsl:output' -r ./org.dita.html5
./org.dita.html5/xsl/dita2html5.xsl:  <xsl:output method="html"
./org.dita.html5/xsl/map2html5-cover.xsl:  <xsl:output method="html"

and if I manually edit these DITA-OT files to

<xsl:output xmlns:dita="http://dita-ot.sourceforge.net" method="xml" encoding="UTF-8" indent="no"/>

then I get XML-serialized HTML5, the downstream tool consumes everything, and life is good!

But I can't figure out how to convert these manual edits to a DITA-OT plugin. Is there an extension point (or some other mechanism) that lets me override the settings in the two highlighted files above?

Thanks!