Re: Keyref/conkey ref conversion strategy - keyref all the things? #conref

Joe Williams

At a previous job, we were doing content management without a CMS, and we relied on simple, consistent practices and enforcement to take care of things like naming files andĀ @id's. Tony Self's book and the IBM DITA Best Practices book suggest a lot of simple things you can do that can save you a lot of effort. The writers might have some ideas about the best way to go about it, too, which might give them a greater sense of ownership over the process. Also, I have heard of organizations that caused themselves problems that could have been avoided because of a lack of clear, consistent practices even with a CMS. As Hackos and Rockley used to say, content management is aboutĀ processes, not tools.