Re: keys and scoped keys #conref

Radu Coravu

Hi Matt,

After you define these keys in different key scopes you can explicitly refer to any of them like:

<ph keyref="3000.inverter"/>
Or as other use cases you can refer to the same DITA topics in various key scopes and have them published with different content in each key scope:

https://oxygenxmlblog.netlify.com/presentation-reuse/reuse_keyscopes.html

<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com

On 2/7/2020 1:35 AM, Matt Lorenzi via Groups.Io wrote:
I am going to add to this thread rather than start a new one. I am looking to use a keyspace or map to house reusable content such as product names, document numbers, etc. I learned that before keyscope you would need a unique keyname for each keyword entry. But with the introduction to keyscope you can reuse the keyword, but further differentiate it using keyscope. Do I have this right?
Given all of that, is this correct markup for use of keyscope? This is a dummy example of my keyspace:
<map id="keydefs">
    <!-- product name -->
    <title>Key Definitions</title>
    <keydef keys="inverter" keyscope="1000">
        <topicmeta>
            <keywords>
                <keyword>Inverter 1000</keyword>
            </keywords>
        </topicmeta>
    </keydef>
    <keydef keys="inverter" keyscope="2000">
        <topicmeta>
            <keywords>
                <keyword>Inverter 2000</keyword>
            </keywords>
        </topicmeta>
    </keydef>
    <keydef keys="inverter" keyscope="3000">
        <topicmeta>
            <keywords>
                <keyword>Inverter 3000</keyword>
            </keywords>