Re: Are you using the DITA 1.3 troubleshooting topic? #troubleshooting

David Yin

We are using the Troubleshooting topic.  I believe I spoke to Bob back in 2017 about wanting to start using it.

I like the new topic type since it clearly identifies itself as separate from a procedure or a task.

The challenges we have are not directly related to the troubleshooting topic.  The issues are split between a pdf output style and DITA reuse strategy.

To your questions:

  • Diagnostic elements would be a good use; but you would need to define this structure really well or it will be useless.
  • Draft comments, I am surprised that it is restricted today.  I suppose we use <comments> instead.

David Yin

Technical Publication Manager  |  david.yin@...  |  940.591.4196