Re: Are you using the DITA 1.3 troubleshooting topic? #troubleshooting

Larry Kollar

We use it. We have several templates for it, depending on the complexity of the troubleshooting topic. Mine generally use one cause/remedy pair, but there are a few that use multiple troubleSolution.

We also support an @outputclass called "message" that makes minor tweaks to the output to support documenting syslog messages and the like. My thought was, the message itself is the condition, which has a cause and (maybe) an associated action. It works pretty well for that.