Re: Keyref/conkey ref conversion strategy - keyref all the things? #conref

ekimber@contrext.com

If you can manage it, replacing all references from topics to other things (so conrefs, cross references, etc.) to use keys is the best way to go. Within maps it may or may not make sense to use keys, for example, from navigation topicrefs to separate resource-only keys for the topics, depending on your re-use patterns.

I've made a number of presentations over the years about using keys and you can find them all on SlideShare, including:

* https://www.slideshare.net/drmacro/ki-qi-key-the-way-of-dita-harmony-with-keys-and-key-references
* https://www.slideshare.net/drmacro/dita-reuse-challenges-and-response
* https://www.slideshare.net/drmacro/they-worked-before-what-happened-understanding-dita-crossbook-links

´╗┐On 1/28/20, 9:18 AM, "Marsh, Ed" <dita-users@groups.io on behalf of Ed.Marsh@gs.com> wrote:

Thanks, Chris, this is exactly the discussion I'm looking for (though I wasn't quite looking for it then!).

We're moving from a bespoke DITA-to-Confluence system to a static site generator (Hugo). We have to refactor our links (and our file structure) and I'm hoping to take this opportunity to Keyref All The Things, just wasn't sure if this was the 'right' way to go.

I may be reaching out offline :)

I should also add a huge thanks to Radu who sent over an XSL solution.

Ed.