Re: Is anyone using DITA's SVG domain without using the technical content package (i.e. concept/task/reference/troubleshooting)? #SVG

Jonathan Hanna

Hi Kris,

As mentioned previously, I am new to DITA, so please forgive the ignorance behind my questions and comments.

Again, it seems odd that the SVG and MathML domains would not be included as part of the base package. Both SVG and MathML are commonly used with HTML. MS-Word comes with the ability to insert equations and markup images in documents by default and not as an add-on package. I would think that users would expect this to be part of the base DITA package as well. What is the rationale for not including these domains in the base package?

I also find it odd that the hazard statement domain would be included with the base package. The hazard statement domain seems like a natural fit for the technical content package, especially since they are specializations of notes. What is the rationale for including the hazard statement domain in the base package?

I know that these are discussions for technical committee meetings and I am not trying to start a debate. I am just a curious newbie :-).

Thanks,
Jonathan Hanna