Keyref/conkey ref conversion strategy - keyref all the things? #conref

Marsh, Ed

Hi all,
We have a help system with 2000+ topics. We're moving to a static site generator (Hugo), and I'm wondering about converting all of our xrefs into conkeyrefs. We have to re-architect our folder structure, so the xref links will be updated
anyway. I'm wondering if it's worth the effort when there are thousands of xrefs to other projects (dita files), as well as external links.

Is this something people have done? Is there an easy/automated way to do this?

Thanks!
Ed Marsh