Re: Adding "next topic", "previous topic" throughout an entire map? #HTML #linking

Chris Papademetrious

Indeed, that was embarrassingly easy!

However, there might be a bug. When I make the entire map a collection sequence:

<map collection-type="sequence">
  <title>This Book</title>

  <topicref href="t1/topic0.dita">
    <topicref href="t1/topic1.dita"/>
    <topicref href="t1/topic2.dita"/>  <!-- this one has no Next Topic link -->
  </topicref>

  <topicref href="t2/topic0.dita">
    <topicref href="t2/topic1.dita"/>
    <topicref href="t2/topic2.dita"/>
  </topicref>

  <topicref href="t3/topic0.dita">
    <topicref href="t3/topic1.dita"/>
    <topicref href="t3/topic2.dita"/>
  </topicref>

</map>

then the highlighted topic has no "Next Topic" link to the next top-level topic reference. Since all of these top-level topic references fall under the same collection sequence, navigation should continue throughout the sequence.

Is there some special case for top-level topic elements to be excluded from collection-sequence processing? If not, I'll file a DITA-OT issue for this.

Thank you!