Upgrading to latest version of DITA O-T and PDF build failing #PDF

Kevin Quinn

Hi All,

We are running a very old version of DITA 1.5.2 and I am trying to upgrade to DITA 3.4.

I have some success at editing the 3.4 PDF transform (creating custom one) to create PDF output we have in DITA 1.5.2.

Our implementation was heavily customized with the ant build file calling various custom properties other build files.

In the first case I am trying to generate a PDF. The ditamap which works fine with the dita command.

for example:

C:\dita-ot-3.4\bin\dita -v -d --input=platform_7101_release_notes.ditamap --format=enea_opwv-pdf

Running the ant command calling the legacy build script seems to run OK (calling correct custom properties files) until a point where it references the C:\dita-ot-3.4\plugins\org.dita.index\build.xml

and it fails with

taskdef class org.dita.index.IndexPreprocessorTask cannot be found using the classloader AntClassLoader[]

I am not sure what this means - any help appreciated. Done various goggling but cannot find answer.

We normally run on Linux env but here I am executing the command on Windows 10 is there something I need to set in CLASSPATH ?

Kevin