Re: How can we make use of the 'wiki' feature of groups.io? #admin

Ron Wheeler

Is there any way to fix  http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.2/os/spec/DITA1.2-spec.html ?

The descriptions are very cryptic and often seem almost self-referential.
The examples are often edge cases and only show one possible use of a language feature that can appear in many other contexts and have many attributes applied.

It appears to be no longer maintained. Most pages have not been touched in many years.

At the very least the examples should have been augmented to cover more of the features described in the specification.

https://www.dita-ot.org/3.4/topics/troubleshooting-overview.html is also another place where some work could be done.
I believe some error codes are missing in https://www.dita-ot.org/3.4/topics/error-messages.html

https://www.dita-ot.org/3.4/topics/dita-and-dita-ot-resources.html is not up to date. This group is not mentioned for starters.

I am not sure that adding another wiki is the best answer. Fixing and expanding some of the existing resources might be more productive.

It is very odd that a community of technical writers has such poor and disorganized documentation.