Re: Issue with concurrent ant calls to DITA OT 2.5.4 #DITA-OT

Mica Semrick

Hi Radu,

So, just to be clear, if I am just publishing output, and not running an integrator task, I should be able to start as many publishing jobs as my RAM permits without issue, right?

Does the OT lock any files while doing a publish?

-m

On December 5, 2019 9:53:37 PM PST, Radu Coravu <radu_coravu@...> wrote:
Hi Andrés,

A regular DITA OT build process does not modify or delete resources from
the DITA OT folder.
Probably your processes also run the DITA OT integrator before the
actual build and the DITA OT integrator does delete and refresh the
contents of various build files and other resources from the DITA OT folder.
So you need to make sure that the DITA OT integrator is not started by
one thread while another thread is running the publishing. You can
probably do this by using some semaphores.
Ideally you should avoid calling the DITA OT integrator on every thread.

<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com

On 12/5/2019 9:55 PM, amaurok@... wrote:
Hi.
We have a multi-thread application, and an integration with DITA-OT
throught ant which is called from java.
We are started to face an issue with multiple concurrent ant calls to
DITA-OT to run transformations, so when two threads or more run the ant
call from java to DITA-OT, it randomly starts to generate an error
reading the build_preprocess file.
It seems at the same time when one thread is trying to read the
build_preprocess, another thread is deleting it; the build_preprocess is
generated in the folder DITA-OT\plugins\org.dita.base
Is there a way to fix the issue, o have DITA-OT to support concurrent
requests to run transformations?
This is what we get randomly:

plugins\org.dita.base\build_preprocess.xml:79: java.io.IOException:
Failed to read job file: Content is not allowed in trailing section.

View/Reply Online (#44937): https://groups.io/g/dita-users/message/44937
Mute #dita-ot: https://groups.io/mk?hashtag=dita-ot&subid=5779837
Group Owner: dita-users+owner@groups.io