Re: Handle cross-book xrefs in large book collections? #linking

Stuart Norton <stu.norton@...>

Thanks for sharing your efforts, Chris!

Our writers are also very keen to have cross-book linking work smoothly in our writing and publishing environment, since it's something that worked just fine in their previous environment.

So far we are reading through all of Eliot Kimber's presentations on this and trying to figure out how to enable this functionality well. Ideally it would be nice to have a solution that is generic, perhaps taking advantage of the new DITA OT project files, but I fear we might have to "hack" it and come up with something that meets our internal needs if we can do that more quickly.

We would definitely appreciate hearing more on the plug-in and your solution as it develops.

Thanks and best regards,
Stuart