Re: Looking for more modern alternatives to Eclipsehelp Infocenters #next-generation #content-delivery

Harald Hermann

Hello Jeff,

we use Eclipse help for ~10 years and were always hoping that the Eclipse community is adding more features or updates the Eclipse infocenter.

As this was not their priority we (Holger Voormann and myself) started a prototype on our own of a modernized Eclipse help web UI.

The target is to improve the search results and to make it mobile ready.

We suggested it to Eclipse by responding to Eclipse bug 501718.

The feedback from the Eclipse platform team at the EclipseCon Europe 2019 was also positive and the platform team said they are willing to integrate it once we are ready and the reviews are completed.

The prototype is still work in progress but published on https://github.com/howlger/Eclipse-Help-Modernized/

Best regards,

Harald

advantest

Harald Hermann

Advantest Europe GmbH

Branch / Zweigniederlassung Boeblingen

Herrenberger Str. 130

71034 Boeblingen

Germany

Phone: +49-7031-4357-348

Fax:     +49-7031-4357-492

www.advantest.de

Advantest Europe GmbH

Managing Directors / Geschaeftsfuehrer: Hans-Juergen Wagner, Michael Stichlmair, Juergen Serrer, Peter Wewerka; Kimiya Sakamoto

Chairman of the Supervisory Board / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Atsushi Fujita

Commercial Court / Handelsregister: Muenchen HRB 71083, Seat / Sitz: Muenchen

Disclaimer

"This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be subject to legal or some other professional privilege. They are intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). If you are not the named addressee(s) you must not use, disclose, retain or reproduce all or any part of the information contained in this e-mail or any attachments. Any unauthorised use or disclosure may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please inform the sender immediately and delete it and all copies from your system and destroy any hard copies of it."

Think of the environment before you print this email.