FrameMaker use with DITA CCMS: Support for authoring and PDF publishing #FrameMaker #CCMS

Kristen James Eberlein

Hi, Stefan.

Thanks for pointing me to the Web page; I did not know that XDocs, DITAtoo, and Vasont supported FrameMaker; I was more aware of the fact that neither IXIASOFT or the SDL CCMS product has support for using FrameMaker for authoring.

According to https://www.adobe.com/products/framemaker/cms-integration.html:

DITA CCMS
Versions of FrameMaker supported
XDocs
2019 release
DITAToo
2019 release, 12, 11
Vasont 2017 release, 2015 release, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7.2

(I am leaving out products that are NOT DITA CCMS.)

Frank's requirements are to use FrameMaker for both authoring and publishing PDFs. Do the above products support that? Is a Server license for FrameMaker required?