OT2.3.3 file reuse w/ and w/o conref #DITA-OT

Nicholas Mucks

Hi!
In DITA-OT 2.3.3 if you reuse a topic multiple times in the same map structure and produce XHTML, the output does not have multiple topics--it only has the first one it finds. This creates sad breadcrumbs.

However, if that topic happens to include a conref, then the DITA-OT creates multiple topics, each appended with an incremented number. This creates happy breadcrumbs.

Is the reason it works ok when a conref exists that we handle the topic differently during the preprocessing phase? Can we make all topics create a unique output / copy-to for each instance of that file in the ditamap structure?

Thanks!