Re: SDL Tridion Docs: How to install/configure a new DITA-OT PDF output formatter?

Mica Semrick

Hi Rick,

If the GUI tool outputs a config file that is loaded by your DITA-OT plugin, then integrating with Tridion Docs shouldn't be an issue.

If there is some interactivity between the GUI and the DITA -OT plugin, it'll be a little more difficult.

Briefly looking at the website for your product, I couldn't discern the fine details of how one would implement it, and your description of "works like oxygen" is a bit vague since oxygen does a lot of things.

-m

On September 22, 2019 10:40:19 AM PDT, "Rick Davies rdavies@... [dita-users]" wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Apologies that this question is way off-topic: it would ideally be posted at

https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/sdl-tridion-dx/tridion-docs/

but that mailing list requires a SDL Userid.

I work for a company that makes an alternative DITA-OT plugin for PDF output. It's
different to most current offerings, in that little or no XSLT programming is required--
the document typographical and layout properties are specified using a GUI template
designer. To date the integration with some CMSs, e.g. Ixiasoft and Bluestream, has
been easy to achieve. But now there are some Tridion Docs users who would like to use
this alternative, and the question is how achieve a similar integration so that users
can utilize all the available options?

Noodling around SDL Tridion Docs online documentation and mailing lists, it appears
Tridion Docs supports a powerful and flexible degree of configurability via Powershell
scripts ('ishrunditaot.ps1' et al) and XML files. On the face of it, integrating an
alternative DITA-OT plugin within Tridion Docs looks impressively simple.

If anyone has expertise in this area, or knows someone who does, it would be great to
hear from you [rdavies at datazone.com].

Ideally we are hoping to find a solution that emulates what is easily done using
Synchrosoft's oXygen product. And also hoping to find someone who would be happy to test the
solution ...

With many thanks for your kind attention, and regards,

Rick
Posted by: Rick Davies
Yahoo Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: