Re: DITA for Practitioners: Stuck on Ch 3, Step 10

Jonathan Hanna

Okay, I think I figured it out. I took a more systematic approach to figure out what was going on. I tested each parameter one-by-one to see what effect it was having. What I forgot to do the first time around was delete the generated xhtml directory before executing the new transform!

In summary, setting generate.copy.outer to "3" moved the index.html file from the root xhtml directory to the map directory. Changing this one parameter made every link work perfectly, even the cross-referenced glossary topic!

However, I'm still confused about the reasoning behind changing to "true." All this seemed to do was not generate the cross-referenced topic. Keeping this parameter as "false" gives me the desired outcome.

Jonathan Hanna

Join to automatically receive all group messages.