Re: DITA for forms and interactive check lists

Mark Giffin

Hi Yves,

Yes this can be done. You can use HTML5 output to make the forms. I have done this using the AngularJS web development framework. The authors add custom outputclass attributes to the DITA source, and a plugin uses the outputclass info to control how the form is made. You could do the same kind of thing with DITA specializations.

Mark Giffin
Mark Giffin Consulting, Inc.
http://markgiffin.com/

On 7/11/2019 7:24 AM, Yves Barbion yves.barbion@... [dita-users] wrote:

Hi group

I was wondering whether DITA can be used to design forms and interactive check lists. A Google search gave me this result:

So, what I had in mind is the following:
  • Design the topics in DITA and insert some "code" (or specialized elements) for all the form fields, for example check boxes, radio buttons, text fields...
  • Publish the topics as HTML5 and/or as PDF forms.
Has anyone done this? Any tips, advice?

Thanks in advance

Yves