Re: Keeping the topics locked to a map

Mica Semrick

It all depends on what, if any, content management system/authoring tool you are using. DITA, the XML vocabulary and set of DTDs, can not really ensure that content is present in your map.

It would probably be easiest to generate a submap & topics, then mark those files as read-only in your CMS.

-m

On June 12, 2019 3:00:24 PM PDT, "amitavsar22@... [dita-users]" wrote:

Hi,

We are auto generating a ditamap with a few topics created and already available in the ditamap. We want the authors to check out the ditamap and add the task topics created by them to the map.

Is it possible to keep the topics that are auto generated locked to the map so that an author can not remove these topics from the map when he/she checks out the map to add the authored topics?

We are thinking of generating another sub map inside the main map, where the the authored topics can be added, but this can play with the hierarchy we expect.

Awaiting responses.

~AM