Re: Google Drive & DITA?

Mica Semrick

Google Drive does have revision control capability, but there are limitations to it, especially if your content changes often. I'd review those limitations carefully and evaluate if it meets your needs. If you're looking for a long term solution, my educated guess would be that google drive is not suitable.

Both oxygen web and fonto XML (the browser based editors) support many git hosting services, such as github, gitlab, etc. I'd find these revision control services much more acceptable for long term document revision control. The only negative is that git can be a little complicated, but the web authoring tools eliminate that complexity for day to day use pretty well.

You can try oxygen web author with a git hosting solution for free.

-m

On March 6, 2019 9:10:35 AM PST, "David Hollis david@... [dita-users]" wrote:
Hi all,

Maybe a daft question?

Has anyone used Google Drive as a simple file sharing system for DITA content? Does Google Drive act as a VCS?

Many thanks,
David
Posted by: David Hollis
Yahoo Groups Links