Re: DITA OT -> PDF - Extra space before and after some SVG images

Mica Semrick

I assume you're using an XSL-FO based PDF. Get the file Topic.for from the temp directory. This is a concatenated, FO version of your publication. Open it and have a look at one of the problem images. You should see the spacing as attributes of an fo:block element. You can decide what to do from there.

Instead of recreating the text inside your graphic, it is much easier and cleaner (and easier to translate) if you use callout numbers.

-m

On March 1, 2019 7:32:16 AM PST, "louislapicque@... [dita-users]" wrote:
We have many images with text annotations on top of bitmap images, and the idea is to recreate them as SVGs. The annotations areinĀ  tags, and the bitmap is linked in an tag within the SVG.

In the final PDF, some space is added before and after most (not all) images.

So, my question: how can one go about troubleshooting this issue? I'm at a bit of a loss here...

I'm using oXygen 21, and the OT V2.3.1.

Thanks for your help.
Louis