Re: Need paginated HTML output from DITA

Mark Giffin

I used AHF to create PDF from XHTML styled with CSS. No FO coding involved. I did not use the area tree in this process but I assume it gets created just before the PDF is produced. So it was DITA OT-generated XHTML, and a bit of Paged Media CSS and regular CSS, passed to AHF. I used @chunk="to-content" on the map to put all the XHTML in one file. I did not try to use CSS to style the merged DITA files generated by the OT because it was much more complicated.

Mark Giffin
Mark Giffin Consulting, Inc.
http://markgiffin.com/

On 9/29/2018 11:51 PM, Steve Fogel steve@... [dita-users] wrote:

Hi, all…

Thanks, Mario and Eliot, for the info. Can you please clarify something for me? My experience with AHF is that you use XSL-FO to transform a DITA document to an FO document and then feed the FO document into AHF to get PDF.

With the AHF CSS option, is FO completely out of the picture? That is, do you feed a merged DITA XML file into AHF and apply styles to the DITA XML with CSS (including CSS page specs), obtain the area tree, then run an XSLT transform on that to get HTML?

Thanks

Steve

Steve Fogel
System Architect