Re: Word2DITA: Can't parse style into Task topic info element

Mica Semrick

Thanks Eliot. This specific instance should be solved by the tag mapping that you already have listed in the "Common mapping scenarios" page, that's where I'm confused. The example docx file I've provided is extremely minimal.

-m

On 08/28/2018 11:05 AM, Eliot Kimber ekimber@... [dita-users] wrote:
Tasks are also a place where the style-to-tag map facility could be extended to provide specific mapping for task-specific structures but to date I have not had a client requirement for it.
*From: *DITA Users <dita-users@...> on behalf of DITA Users <dita-users@...>
*Date: *Tuesday, August 28, 2018 at 12:50 PM
*To: *DITA Users <dita-users@...>
*Subject: *Re: [dita-users] Word2DITA: Can't parse style into Task topic info element
Not all structures can be created and tasks are particularly problematic because of the complexity of the markup.
I’m afraid I haven’t had a chance to look at your file yet, but a simple solution may be to use the final fixup mode to adjust the DITA before writing it out. Even when there’s a way to do it via the style-to-tag mapping sometimes just doing a little fixup is easier.
*From: *DITA Users <dita-users@...> on behalf of DITA Users <dita-users@...>
*Date: *Tuesday, August 28, 2018 at 11:28 AM
*To: *DITA Users <dita-users@...>
Greetings list,
I'm converting a bunch of Word documents using the excellent Word2DITA
framework, but I can't for the life of me seem to get a particular word
style to be a child of the 'info' element in a task topic.
The info element is created, and the steps, step, and cmd elements are
all generated correctly, but not the content of what should be the info
element.
I've followed the advice and code samples from this page, which is
exactly what I'd like to do:
http://www.dita4publishers.org/d4p-users-guide/user_docs/d4p-users-guide/word2dita/common-mapping-cases.html
And here is a link to a .docx and my Word2DITA tag mapping that
illustrates my problem. I'm using the DITA-OT 1.8.5 and the latest D4P
plugins.
Thanks!
-m