Re: What is the latest thinking in "XSD versus DTD" for modules?

Mica Semrick

If you use tools from a vendor and want XSD/RNG support, let your vendor know! And let them know that this will make customization easier. They'll be quicker to implement if there is customer demand for it.

-m

On August 12, 2018 3:33:53 PM PDT, "chrispitude@... [dita-users]" wrote:
Yep. This... is awesome. I installed dita-relaxng-defaults as you instructed:

then published your RNG constraint test document to PDF using

dita --input myMentionDomain-test01-rng.dita --format pdf -output rngtest

and everything worked perfectly.

I think this is a really, really big deal for DITA. Hopefully we'll start seeing the document shell and constraint tutorials rewritten to use RNG instead. I've started browsing the OASIS DITA RNG files and while the structure will still take some getting used to (for me), it's still easier to follow than DTD.

Also, thanks to Radu for his help on using RelaxNG in Oxygen and for answering questions on his 2015 presentation.

The passion that everyone in this community has for making DITA successful is quite evident.