Re: customized PDF and trademark symbols

Mica Semrick

Hello,

The English tm symbol is specified in HTML decimal format, while you've specified the French in Unicode.

Try the superscript HTML decimal format for MC or use MC or something similarly appropriate for your PDF formatter.

-m

On November 1, 2016 1:38:24 PM PDT, "daniellewca@... [dita-users]" wrote:
Hi there,

I have a customized PDF plugin.  The source files are using the MC.

I copied the i18n folder from plugins\org.dita.pdf2\cfg\fo\i18n and put in com.myplugin.pdf\cfg\fo.  The PDF was able to generate.

Then I changed the value in my copy of i18n\fr.xml such that the trademark character was not the usual ™ but 🅪.

Generating the PDF results in "com.idiominc.ws.opentopic.fo.i18n.ConfigurationException: Bad configuration file format!" and I have no output.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks,
Danielle