Re: How to tag a version number in a bookmap?

Mica Semrick

Hello,

You can have a look at the vrm and vrmlist elements, which are used for versioning information. You can put these elements in the map or topic metadata, which means they should be available in the merged file and everywhere else.

-m

On October 19, 2016 9:44:19 PM PDT, "Patrik Stellmann patrik@... [dita-users]" wrote:
Hi,

I have a bookmap and want to add a version to it in such a way that I
can
1. reference it within my content
2. read it by my PDF and Webhelp XSLs to add it to the footer

Currently I'm defining a keyref within a subject schema map like this:

4.12.143

[...]

This works fine for referencing it in the content using keyref="Version"/>.

My current solution for the publishing is
for PDF:
Set @processing-role to "normal" for the subject schema map and the
keydef to keep it from being removed so it is available in the
MERGED.ditamap.
for Webhelp:
Passing the url of the root map to the XSL for processing the topics
and read this using doc() function (for every single topic again).

It works but still I'm wondering if there is a better way since this
feels to be more a workaround than a solution?

Thanks and regards,
Patrik

Posted by: Patrik Stellmann

Yahoo Groups Links