Re: variable content

Dave C

The simplest method would be to create two maps and pass the ISBN# variable from the map. I do something similar with printing dates, software versions, and part numbers for my manuals. If you are worried about duplication, you can create submaps in the bookmap and work in those for your topic management.

--- In dita-users@yahoogroups.com, "Ben Welman" <benw@...> wrote:

Our textbooks are published in epub eb pdf format. These formats have a different ISBN. On this moment the variable ISBN is conditional processed through the @otherprops attribuut. But this has a high error risk because you always should be aware of specifying the right value in ditaval. I preferred to use the @print attribuut, but that can only be used in topicrefs. Any suggestions?