Re: Transform agonistes: multiple quote marks and left/right angle brackets

Dave C

I don't know if this helps, but there specific XML/DITA codes for these characters.

< = >
= <
" = "

You can also wrap the text in the <q> tag?

Cheers,
Dave C.

--- In dita-users@yahoogroups.com, "legalprayer" <benforethought@...> wrote:

Hello.

Am running a somewhat old DITA transform (1.5, from more than a year ago) on a somewhat new Windows 7. The transform worked until recently.

In the DITA file is something like this:
inputRequiredMsgKey = "entryForInputRequired",

In the XHTML is this:

inputRequiredMsgKey = """"""""entryForInputRequired"""""""",

Similar duplicates are found with left and right angle brackets (< >).

I retyped the quote marks in UltraEdit and saved the file. (The quote marks are ASCII 22, by the way.)

Here is the top of the DITA file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--Arbortext, Inc., 1988-2010, v.4002-->
<!DOCTYPE topic PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DITA Topic//EN"
"../../../dtd/topic.dtd">

Could an update to Java have caused this?

java version "1.6.0_31"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.6-b01, mixed mode)

Is there an issue with the 32/64-bit support on Windows 7?

What could possibly be causing this? I lift my eyes to heaven.